Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend yumminess


For the first time in a few weeks I made it to the farmers market and managed to drag J along. He is usually game for the free samples and today he bonded with one of the fruit vendors that had some amazing stone fruits. We picked up some white nectarines, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, white corn, beets, heirloom tomatoes, and baby bok choi.
For dinner tonight I decided to revisit the korean BBQ from the birthday festivities since my ravenous friends left me with only a little taste. We had that with sesame seed studded sushi rice, steamed baby bok choi, spicy pickled cucumbers, and grilled scallions. Yum. I think that this dinner will make it into the regular rotation- for the weekend at least. Although the actual cook time was about 30 minutes it did require a few hours of marinade for the meat and pickles.

No comments: