Saturday, June 9, 2007

Seeking inspiration

I sure do love me a good dinner party. This Friday we are happy to have over a dear friend (and my hubby's new employer) for dinner and I have been going over about a million menu ideas in my head all week. I decided, though, to hold off on choosing a menu until I did my new favorite thing- ransack the Farmers Market.

We are really fortunate here in Northern California to have fantastic local produce and also a whole lot of people obsessed with organic, pesticide free, humanely treated, yada yada yada and the vendors are happy to put outthat kind of product. YAY And although I am not necessarily fixated on organic food- I am very interested in GOOD food so this works for me.
Nothin like making Alice Waters proud.

This weeks Farmers Market Booty:
beets, strawberries, raspberries, some other mystery berry that I can't remember the name of, white nectarines, leeks, fennel, kale, cucumber, zucchini blossoms, herb foccacia, lettuce, thai basil, fresh-soft-mild-goat cheese.
I'm not quite sure how much of this will survive the week but at least I have a starting point for my menu. More to follow.

No comments: